Flying Fox 10 – 3rd November 2019 – 10:30am Start – A 10m scenic and rural road race starting and finishing in Standon.
Click here to book online for 2019 >> – Click here to download the 2019 postal entry form (coming soon) >>
First held in 2003, this challenging ten–mile event, held in early November, is now firmly established as the race signalling the end of the North Staffs Road Runners Association annual programme.
Run on scenic but quiet lanes, the undulating course is based round the small village of Standon near to Eccleshall in rural Staffordshire and from an initial field of over 150, can now attract up to 300 athletes.
The race finishes at Standon School where there are ample refreshments to suit the weather, which at that time of the year can not always be relied on to be too hot! Plenty of car parking is available at the nearby Standon Mill by courtesy of Youngs Animal Feeds.
Set by Ben Gamble from Stone, now with Tipton Harriers, the course record stands at 53 minutes and 35 seconds – a serious target for any aspiring road runner on this course.
Race HQ – All Saints First School, Standon: Grid reference SJ 820350 (limited facilities – no showers)
- £13 affiliate, £15 unaffiliated. Entries on the day £2 extra
- No parking at school nor areas near the school nor the start. Marshalls will direct you to parking at Standon Mill, 5 mins walk from school. Where it is possible please share lifts to the race.
- The race starts at 10:30am prompt. Same course as last year. Start is 600m from school so allow 10 minutes. Marked bags/clothes will be taken from the start to the finish.
- Route details and 3D flyby
- Toilet facilities are provided at the car park and race HQ at the school. No toilets at start line. Do not offend our neighbours by using hedgerows and farm out buildings!
- Safety. Please respect the rights and needs of other road users. Keep well to the left unless directed to do otherwise by marshals/police. Wearers of earphones will be disqualified. Always have regard for your own safety and well-being. Make sure you have completed the emergency medical and contact details on the back of your race number.
- All finishers will receive a goody bag. The prizes will be presented as soon as possible after the last runner has finished.
- Results will be published on www.stonemm.co.uk
- Hot and cold refreshments available before and after race.
We hope you enjoy the event and achieve your personal goals. Thank you to all our helpers and sponsors.