Stone Master Marathoners – 2017 Club Championship
This seasons championship has been simplified to (hopefully) encourage more of us to enjoy the North Staffs Road runners races. Most of the NSRRA races will count (including the reserve races), best 10 results to count. 50 points for first in for the club, 49 for second, etc.
Click here to download the latest Club Championship Table – updated 12th June, 2017
The races are as follows:
|Race 1||Sunday 5th Feb – 11:00||Alsager 5||Race 11||Wednesday 26th July – 19:15||Staffs Knot 5|
|Race 2||Sunday 19th Feb – 10:00||Rugeley 10 Mile||Race 12||Saturday 29th July – 10:00**||Meerbrook 15|
|Race 3||Sunday 12th March – 10:30||Knighton 20||Race 13||Sunday 6th August – 10:30||Trentham 10K|
|Race 4||Sunday 9th April – 10:00||Newcastle 10K||Race 14||Thursday 17th August – 19:15||Dave Clarke 5(K)|
|Race 5||Sunday 16th Apr – 10:15**||South Cheshire 10K||Race 15||Sunday 20th August – 10:00||Leek Half Marathon|
|Race 6||Sunday 30th Apr – 10:30||Uttoxeter Half Marathon||Race 16||Sunday 3rd September – 9:30||South Cheshire 20 (m)|
|Race 7||Wednesday 10th May – 19:00||Clayton 10K||Race 17||Saturday 9th September – 15:30||Ipstones 5|
|Race 8||Sunday 11th June – 10:00||Potters’ Arf Marathon||Race 18||Sunday 17th September – 10:30||St. Thomas 7|
|Race 9||Sunday 25th June – 10:00||Stone St. Michael’s 10K||Race 19||Sunday 1st October – 9:30**||Congleton Half Marathon|
|Race 10||Sunday 9th July – 10:30||Cheadle 4||Race 20||Sunday 15th October – 10:30||Werrington 10K|
Full details of the races are available on the NSRRA website http://www.nsrra.org.uk.
Club Championship Overview and 2017 Rules
- The Club Championship Race series will be held between 5th February 2017 (Alsager 5) and 15th October 2017 (Werrington 10k).
- The series will encompass the 23 races in the NSRRA series with the exception of The Flying Fox Marathon, Westbridge 5 and the Flying Fox 10 leaving 20 races in total.
- There are 2 groups allocated, 1 Male and 1 Female. You will be racing against members in your group.
- 50 points will be awarded to the member who finishes first in your group in each race with 49pts for 2nd, 48 for 3rd, 47 for 4th
- Your 10 best race points will be added together for your final point’s total. The highest points total in each group will be declared the group winner.
- To qualify for points from a race you must:-
- Run in a SMM club top
- Be a 1st Claim Member at the time of the race
- To be eligible for a final group position you must
- Complete a minimum of 10 races
- Marshall at one SMM event
- The Male Group 1 winner will be Men’s Club Champion. The Female Group 1 winner will be Ladies Club Champion.
- Trophies will be awarded to the winners of each group.
- For a complete list of Club Championship Races please see the Club Championship page on the website.
- The maximum number of points to be Won is 500 = (10 best race points at 50 points)
In the event of a tie for any place in the group the following tiebreakers will be applied:
- Head to Head: Across the Club Championship Races where the tying members have raced in the same race the most number of 50 points will be declared the winner. Should this not determine a winner then the most number of 49 point, 48 points, 47 etc will be declared the winner. Should this not resolve the tie then…
- The most of 50 points (then 49, 48, 47) across the race series will be counted with the most being declared the winner. Should this not resolve the tie…then
- The tying member’s fastest Club Championship 10K race time will be declared the winner (if remain tied then the fastest 2 mile, 5 mile, 10 mile, half marathon, full marathon, 20 mile race times will be compared until a winner is found.)
Disclaimer: – Any changes to the rules or results/points are subject to the discretion of the committee and their decisions are final.