Flying Fox 10 – Sunday 6th November 2022, 10:30am
Join us in the scenic Staffordshire village of Standon for a gentle undulating 10 mile road race.
First held in 2003, this challenging ten–mile event, held in early November, is now firmly established in the North Staffs Road Runners Association annual programme.
Run on scenic but quiet lanes, the undulating course is based around the small village of Standon near to Eccleshall in rural Staffordshire and from an initial field of over 150, can now attract up to 300 athletes.
The race finishes outside Race HQ where there are ample refreshments to suit the weather, which at that time of the year can not always be relied on to be too hot! Plenty of car parking is available at the nearby Standon Mill by courtesy of Youngs Animal Feeds.
Set by Ben Gamble of Tipton Harriers, the original course record stands at 53 minutes and 35 seconds.
Race HQ – All Saints First School, Standon: Grid reference SJ 820350 (limited facilities – no showers.)
- £15 affiliate, £17 unaffiliated. Entries on the day £2 extra.
- No parking at school nor areas near the school nor the start. Marshalls will direct you to parking at Standon Mill, 5 mins walk from the school. Where it is possible please car share to the race.
- The race starts at 10:30am prompt. The start is outside the school.
- Toilet facilities are provided at the car park and outside race HQ. Do not offend our neighbours by using hedgerows and farm out buildings!
- Safety. Please respect the rights and needs of other road users. Keep well to the left unless directed to do otherwise by marshals/police. Wearers of earphones will be disqualified. Always have regard for your own safety and well-being. Make sure you have completed the emergency medical and contact details on the back of your race number.
- All finishers will receive a memento. The prizes will be presented as soon as possible after the last runner has finished.
- Results will be published on www.stonemm.co.uk
- Hot and cold refreshments available before and after race.
We hope you enjoy the event and achieve your personal goals. Thank you to all our helpers and sponsors.