Stone Master Marathoners 2022 Club Championship
The championship has been simplified to encourage more of us to enjoy the North Staffs Road runners races whilst allowing some inter club competition as well. All NSRRA races (which includes the 2 reserve races) with the exception of the Westbridge 5 and the Flying Fox 10 are included in the championship, giving the opportunity to earn points in 19 races and your best 10 results will count. 50 points for first in for the club, 49 for second, etc.
Click to download
The races are as follows:
Race 1 – 6th February 2022 – Alsager 5
Race 2 – 20th February 2022 – Rugeley 10
Race 3 – 13th March 2022 – Knighton 20
Race 4 – 20th March 2022 – Nantwich 10k
Race 5 – 17th April 2022 – Air Products 10k
Race 6 – 1st May 2022 – Uttoxeter Half
Race 7 – 11th May 2022 – Clayton 10k
Race 8 – 26th June 2022 – Stone St Michaels 10k
Race 9 – 10th July 2022 – Cheadle 4
Race 10 – 20th July 2022 – Staffs Knot 5
Race 11 – 7th August 2022 – Trentham 10k
Race 12 – 11th August 2022 – Dave Clark 5
Race 13 – 24th August 2022 – Stone 5 mile
Race 14 – 4th September 2022 – South Cheshire 20
Race 15 – 10th September 2022 – Ipstones 5 ish – Rearranged date
Race 16 – 2nd October 2022 – Congleton Half
Race 17 – 9th October 2022 – Werrington 10k
Race 18 – 19th November 2022 – Meerbrook 15k
Race 19 – 26th November 2022 – Cheddleton 10k
Race – 10th April 2022 – Newcastle 10k – CANCELLED
Race – 17th July 2022 – Betley 10k – CANCELLED
*Please check back regularly – due to race cancellations this list is subject to change*
Full details of the races and booking information is available on the NSRRA website http://www.nsrra.org.uk.
Please double check race details before entering as dates may change and not be updated above **
Club Championship Overview and 2022 Rules
(based on COVID restrictions permitting)
- The Club Championship Race series will be held between 6th February 2022 (Alsager 5) and 26th November 2022 (Cheddleton 10k)
- The series will encompass the 21 races (including reserves) in the NSRRA series with the exception of the Flying Fox 10 and Westbridge 5 leaving 19 races in total
- There are 2 groups allocated, 1 Male and 1 Female. You will be racing against members in your group.
- 50 points will be awarded to the member who finishes first in your group in each race with 49pts for 2nd, 48 for 3rd, 47 for 4th
- Your 10 best race points will be added together for your final point’s total. The highest points total in each group will be declared the group winner.
- To qualify for points from a race you must:-
- Run in a SMM club top
- Be a 1st Claim Member at the time of the race
- To be eligible for a final group position you must
- Complete a minimum of 10 races
- Complete at least 1 longer distance race (Half Marathon or further)
- The Male Group 1 winner will be Men’s Club Champion. The Female Group 1 winner will be Ladies Club Champion.
- Trophies will be awarded to the winners of each group.
- For a complete list of Club Championship Races please see the above table.
- The maximum number of points to be Won is 500 = (10 best race points at 50 points)
In the event of a tie for any place in the group the following tiebreakers will be applied:
- Head to Head: Across the Club Championship Races where the tying members have raced in the same race the most number of 50 points will be declared the winner. Should this not determine a winner then the most number of 49 point, 48 points, 47 etc will be declared the winner. Should this not resolve the tie then…
- The most of 50 points (then 49, 48, 47) across the race series will be counted with the most being declared the winner. Should this not resolve the tie…then
- The tying member’s fastest Club Championship 10K race time will be declared the winner (if remain tied then the fastest 2 mile, 5 mile, 10 mile, half marathon, full marathon, 20 mile race times will be compared until a winner is found.)
Disclaimer: – Any changes to the rules or results/points are subject to the discretion of the committee and their decisions are final.
Should further COVID restrictions occur to one or more of the races changes or cancellation of the club championship may occur at any time and this will be at the discretion of the committee. Please be aware of local and national requirements at all times.