Stone Master Marathoners 2023 Club Championship
The 2023 main club championship will include the majority of the North Staffs Road Runners races (NSRRA) and some other popular local races. There are 22 races in total (now 21 due to a race cancellation) and your best 10 results will count. 50 points for first in for the club, 49 for second, etc.
Click to download
The races are as follows:
Race 1 – Alsager 5 – 5th February
Race 2 – Rugeley 10 – 19th February
Race 3 – Knighton 20 – 19th March
Race 4 – Crewe 10k – 9th April
Race 5 – Uttoxeter Half Marathon – 30th April
Race 6 – Market Drayton 10k – 7th May
Race 7 – Clayton 10k – 10th May
Race 8 – Potts Arf – 11th June
Race 9 – Ipstones 5ish – 18th June
Race 10 – Stone St Michaels – 25th June
Race 11 – SOT 10K – cancelled – so best 10 of 21 now
Race 11 – Cheadle 4 – 9th July
Race 12 – Staffs Knot 5 – 19th July
Race 13 – Trentham 10k – 6th August
Race 14 – Dave Clarke 5k – 17th August
Race 15 – Stone 5 – 23rd August
Race 16 – South Cheshire 20 – 3rd September
Race 17 – Newcastle 10k – 10th September
Race 18 – Congleton 1/2 – 1st October
Race 19 – Werrington 10k – 8th October
Race 20 – Meerbrook 15k – 18th November
Race 21 – Cheddleton 10k – 25th November
*Please check back regularly – due to race cancellations or date changes this list is subject to change*
Full details of the NSRRA races and booking information is available on the NSRRA website http://www.nsrra.org.uk.
Please double check race details before entering as dates may change and not be updated above **
Club Championship Overview and 2023 Rules
- The Club Championship Race series will be held between 1st January 2023 and 31st December 2023
- The series will encompass a selection of the NSRRA series and a number of other local races
- There are 2 groups allocated, 1 Male and 1 Female. You will be racing against members in your group.
- 50 points will be awarded to the member who finishes first in your group in each race with 49pts for 2nd, 48 for 3rd, 47 for 4th
- Your 10 best race points will be added together for your final point’s total. The highest points total in each group will be declared the group winner.
- To qualify for points from a race you must:-
- Run in a Stone Master Marathoners club top
- Be a 1st Claim Member at the time of the race
- To be eligible for a final group position you must
- Complete a minimum of 10 races
- Complete at least 1 longer distance race (Half Marathon or further)
- Marshall at one of the club’s hosted races
- The Male Group 1 winner will be Men’s Club Champion. The Female Group 1 winner will be Ladies Club Champion.
- Trophies will be awarded to the winners of each group.
- For a complete list of Club Championship Races please see the above table.
- The maximum number of points to be Won is 500 = (10 best race points at 50 points)
In the event of a tie for any place in the group the following tiebreakers will be applied:
- Head to Head: Across the Club Championship Races where the tying members have raced in the same race the most number of 50 points will be declared the winner. Should this not determine a winner then the most number of 49 point, 48 points, 47 etc will be declared the winner. Should this not resolve the tie then…
- The most of 50 points (then 49, 48, 47) across the race series will be counted with the most being declared the winner. Should this not resolve the tie…then
- The tying member’s fastest Club Championship 10K race time will be declared the winner (if remain tied then the fastest 2 mile, 5 mile, 10 mile, half marathon, full marathon, 20 mile race times will be compared until a winner is found.)
Disclaimer: – Any changes to the rules, races or results/points are subject to the discretion of the committee and their decisions are final.