Stone Master Marathoners 2021 Club Championship
The championship has been simplified to encourage more of us to enjoy the North Staffs Road runners races and the North Staffs Cross Country League races. The remaining NSRRA races and NSCCL races will count (including the reserve races), best 9 results to count. 50 points for first in for the club, 49 for second, etc.
Click to download
The races are as follows:
|Race 1||Sunday 1st August 10:30||Trentham 10k||Race 8||Saturday September 18th 13:30 / 14:10||NSCCL Betley Court Farm|
|Race 2||Sunday 8th August 10:00||Newcastle 10k||Race 9||Sunday 3rd October 9:30||Congleton Half Marathon|
|Race 3||Thursday 12th August 19:15||Dave Clarke 5k||Race 10||Sunday 10th October 10:30||Werrington 10k|
|Race 4||Wednesday 25th August 19:15||Stone 5 mile||Race 11||Saturday 16th October 13:30 / 14:10||NSCCL Stafford Common|
|Race 5||Saturday 28th August 15:30||Ipstones 5-ish||Race 12||Saturday 30th October 13:30 / 14:10||NSCCL Park Hall|
|Race 6||Wednesday 1st September 19:00||Staffs Knot 5||Race 13||Saturday 20th November 10:30||Meerbrook 15k|
|Race 7||Sunday 5th September 9:30||South Cheshire 20||Race 14||Saturday 18th December Time TBC||NSCCL Betley Court Farm|
Full details of the races and booking information is available on the NSRRA website http://www.nsrra.org.uk.
Please double check race details before entering as dates may change and not be updated above **
Club Championship Overview and 2021 Rules
(based on COVID restrictions permitting)
- The Club Championship Race series will be held between 1st August 2021 (Trentham 10k) and 18th December 2021 (NSCCL – Betley Court Farm)
- The series will encompass the remaining 10 races in the NSRRA series with the exception of the Flying Fox 10 and the 4 NSCCL races (North Staffs Cross Country League), leaving 14 races in total.
- There are 2 groups allocated, 1 Male and 1 Female. You will be racing against members in your group.
- 50 points will be awarded to the member who finishes first in your group in each race with 49pts for 2nd, 48 for 3rd, 47 for 4th
- Your 9 best race points will be added together for your final point’s total. The highest points total in each group will be declared the group winner.
- To qualify for points from a race you must:-
- Run in a SMM club top
- Be a 1st Claim Member at the time of the race
- To be eligible for a final group position you must
- Complete a minimum of 9 races
- Complete at least 1 longer distance race (Half Marathon or further)
- The Male Group 1 winner will be Men’s Club Champion. The Female Group 1 winner will be Ladies Club Champion.
- Trophies will be awarded to the winners of each group.
- For a complete list of Club Championship Races please see the above table.
- The maximum number of points to be Won is 450 = (9 best race points at 50 points)
In the event of a tie for any place in the group the following tiebreakers will be applied:
- Head to Head: Across the Club Championship Races where the tying members have raced in the same race the most number of 50 points will be declared the winner. Should this not determine a winner then the most number of 49 point, 48 points, 47 etc will be declared the winner. Should this not resolve the tie then…
- The most of 50 points (then 49, 48, 47) across the race series will be counted with the most being declared the winner. Should this not resolve the tie…then
- The tying member’s fastest Club Championship 10K race time will be declared the winner (if remain tied then the fastest 2 mile, 5 mile, 10 mile, half marathon, full marathon, 20 mile race times will be compared until a winner is found.)
Disclaimer: – Any changes to the rules or results/points are subject to the discretion of the committee and their decisions are final.
Should further COVID restrictions occur to one or more of the races changes or cancellation of the club championship may occur at any time and this will be at the discretion of the committee. Please be aware of local and national requirements at all times.